Monday, July 30, 2007

First Tub Bath

A couple days ago we gave Lucy her first tub bath (before we had to give sponge baths until the umbilical cord stump fell off). I think I was being overly optimistic in thinking that it would be a joyful, soothing experience for her. As you can see from the picture she far from enjoyed it and spent the entire time screaming her little head off. Looking back it was somewhat comical-the fact that we filled the bathtub too full and water was spilling all over the floor and she peed on one bath towel and when we got her a clean one she pooped on that one. At the time I don't know who was more traumatized me or her. Thank goodness Grammy Pederson was in town to give us some guidance and advice.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay that is so funny! I can't believe she peed and pooped. When we were at the lake this week we had Eleanor swim without a diaper and she peed on me and on Eric's brother's bed. Whoops. :)
Don was very cute feeding her--what did you and your mom go do?
You guys look like you are doing great! :)