Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Don's 31st Birthday

I took about twenty pictures to try and capture one of Lucy's first smiles. This picture was the best I could do. It doesn't show her adorable smile, rather it is right after she finished smiling. Maybe another day...

Here is Don showing off the new t-shirt that he got for his birthday. It is funny how when you have kids even your b-day becomes about them!

Don's birthday was on Sunday and we had a fairly low key celebration. We went out to dinner (Lucy slept through the whole thing) and then I took Don to see The Simpson's movie (Lucy again slept through the whole thing in her Bjorn). I felt fairly adventurous (or ridiculous take your pick) attempting a movie with a 7- week old. Lucy has begun to hold her head up on her own for longer periods of time. However, the picture below is not a good example of this. She makes the sweetest cooing sounds now, and has started to smile (as of Monday).
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see her smile this weekend! What a cutie! Happy Birthday Dad, love the T-shirt!

Gibson said...

Happy Birthday Don!!! Glad you could catch dinner and a show.

McCulloch Family said...

KIM- Love the nursery! The bedding is adorable! I have a few questions for you: 1. how long ago did you get the ROUND fram from PBK? I am in search of a round frame and cannot find one. and 2. where did you find the hooks to hang the picture frame on the wall (i.e. butterfly)? I'm trying to hang frames with ribbon and cannot find anything decorative to hang them with. DO TELL! I'll have to post more pics of the completed nursery soon!!!

Jenna said...

Okay...I love her little face!!! Will you please post a few more pictures, please??? She has such beautiful eyes!