Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Trip to Kewaunee, WI

Over Labor Day weekend we drove to Kewaunee, WI to my parent's lake cottage. It was pretty comical squeezing into our tiny Honda Civic with both dogs and Lucy. We had a lot of fun in Kewaunee-playing games, going golfing, relaxing, eating, and more eating. The highlight of the trip was that Lucy's great grandpa Irv (my father's father) and my cousin's son, Deion, drove from Minnesota to meet Lucy. Here we are with a four generation family picture!


Kristin, Eric, Don and I had a fun outing going golfing one afternoon while grandma and grandpa watched Lucy for us. I use the term "golfing" very loosely as I was more focused on racing our golf cart around the course than I was on hitting any balls.

We finally were able to capture a picture of her smiling. I can't tell you how many shots we took before we were able to capture this darling expression. I never knew how much my heart would just soar when she smiles at us. I know I sound so cheesy.


Uncle Eric loves to snuggle with his little niece. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful loving families that are just as crazy about Lucy as we are!!
Lucy & mom posing in grandma and grandpa's backyard. Check out her cute little cargos!!




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all her little outfits. The bloomers in the photo shoot are so precious! What beautiful pictures too.
Don't worry about sounding cheesy. I think as parents we are cheesy from now on. :)

Anonymous said...

Grammy said:

Love the 4 generation picture! That's a keeper. Love her smile too. Can't wait to see more of them when we visit in late September. Tell lucy to same saved up for grammy, OK?

Unknown said...

Okay I love those pictures that photographer took! They are REALLY good. I am bringing them to my friend and telling her that is the type of picture I want! Your sister was very nice to hook you up. The one of her smiling is hiliarious. I'm glad you finally captured it...I also like the idea of you racing a golf cart around. :)