Sunday, March 16, 2008

It's Official!

So I thought it was time for me announce that I passed my LCSW-C exam a couple weeks ago, which means that I am officially a Licensed Clinical Social Worker Certified. Most of you know that this is something I have been working towards for the past two and half years. In order to get my license I had to provide a certain number of hours of therapy, have weekly clinical supervision, and pass a test. Obtaining my LCSW-C provides me with more options professionally and allows me to practice therapy without supervision. I also now have the opportunity of going into private practice at some point. I really can't believe that I passed, primarily because the room that I was taking the test in had a problem with the heat and it was like 85 degrees. It was so suffocating that I almost passed out. There was no way for them to fix the heat and I wasn't able to stop my test. I already have a hard time concentrating, but with the heat I seriously thought that I was going to lose my mind. I actually contemplated stripping down, but the video cameras that were monitoring us made me think better of this. After enduring four hours of this stifling heat I was finally done. So the night after I passed the test Don took me out to celebrate where I was able to enjoy a nice martini and meal!Here's the proof...

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Mandy Kalins said...

congrats!!!

Unknown said...

Way to go, Kim!

Jenna said...

again, contratulations! very happy for you!

Anonymous said...

woo hoo - what a huge accomplishment! the martini looks delish. cheers!

Little's said...

Cogratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Kim,
We are soooooooooo proud of you!
Great job!
Love
Aunti Shirley and Uncle David

Heather said...

That's awesome Kim! Congratulations!!