Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Reconnecting with Friends

One of the highlights of our move so far has been being able to connect with friends. It has been great that we moved back to a city where we already have some connections. Lucy enjoyed swimming at the pool with my friend Emily's daughter, Eleanor. They are only 6 months apart and I am sure we will continue to have lots of fun play dates with them.

I have enjoyed lunch outings with Cindy and Mary. I have been spoiled because both Cindy and Mary have the summers off since they are teachers so we have been able to hang out on occasion during the day. It will be sad when they go back to work. Although I am sure I will keep very busy this fall with two little ones.
Lucy and I baked Mary some cupcakes for her birthday. Can you believe that Mary ate all these cupcakes and didn't share any of them? (J/K)
This summer we have been doing a Girls Night/Lunch Out once per month with my friends from high school. It has been great to get out and re-connect with these ladies who I have known for YEARS! Great food and conversation with good friends is always a highlight. Thanks to Cindy for coming up with this idea!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lisa H. said...

So glad to see you reconnecting with Chicago, but we really miss you back east!!!