Friday, April 16, 2010

Justin Roberts Concert

Last month we took the kids to their first real concert at the Old Town School of Folk Music. Justin Roberts is a children's musician who is a local Chicago artist. His music is awesome for both adults and kids and I love that it is not gimmicky and is "real" music. In the beginning of the concert they announced that it was going to be a loud show and that we could buy ear plugs. Right away I was concerned about Lucy who tends to get apprehensive around loud noises. So I told her let me know if you need something for your ears. So as soon as the concert started she kept yelling I need "something for my ears mama!" So we got some ear plugs and then after she warmed up she was dancing in front of the stage with the other kids. Below is a picture of Lila and I at brunch before the concert. What a great day we had!


Lucy was so excited to be at her first concert, she kept holding onto her tickets and waving them around!

After Lucy got her ear plugs and warmed up a little she was happy as a clam!

I thought it was cute that Justin Robert's band is called "The Not Ready to Naptime Players"

This is how Lila enjoyed the concert! Can you believe she actually napped for some of the time?



Posted by Picasa

No comments: