Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lucy's Turned 3!!!

We went to Kewaunee for our annual tradition of celebrating Lucy's birthday there. We had such a blast! My Grandpa and Aunt Nancy joined us for the celebration. We had Lucy's favorite meals, played in the inflatable pool, went to a kiddie amusement park (pictures of that to follow) and I made a Count (from Sesame Street) cake. Lucy has been talking for weeks about wanting a Count cake. When I asked her what kind of cake she wanted she responded without hesitation, "the Count." Little did I know at the time that the Count cake pan has not been made since 1977, so I had to buy a collector's edition pan off E-bay. But she was insistent that that was the cake she wanted and I figured she should be able to call the shots on her b-day!

How many 3 year old girls request a Count cake, I mean really?
Lucy waited so patiently to be able to touch her cake and was so excited when she could finally do so.

Taking a spin on the new radio flyer scooter from Grammy and Puppy
Three generation photo
Daddy's little girl! Lucy loved wearing her princess dress for her party. She was dancing all over the room with Milo while opening her presents. In fact she was more into the dancing then the present opening. Don wore his "I Love Lucy" shirt for the occasion.
The morning of her birthday we surprised Lucy by bringing her a present right after she woke up. In this picture she is opening up a tee ball set from Grandma and Grandpa VG. She loves playing with her tee ball set and has already gotten pretty good at her swing.
Before her b-day Don and I and the girls went to the party store to pick out some items for celebration. She wanted a "special" Dora birthday cup to drink out of and a birthday necklace.
It took me longer than expected to finish her Count cake so we postponed her cake for a day and put a candle in our dessert one evening. She was thrilled to blow out her candle twice.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: