Tuesday, August 31, 2010

PNW Part 1: Fishing on Vancouver Island

The girls and I recently went on a trip to the Pacific Northwest to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary. Lucy was so excited about her trip to Washington.

The first part was a mens fishing trip to Vancouver Island for some salmon fishing. My Dad took all us younger dads for a two day trip which was incredibly fun and meaningful.  We also caught a ton of fish as the conditions were near perfect.  

Watching the humpback whales swim by as we fished. 
An average sized fish.  We estimated catching about 150lbs that day.
At one point we had three fish on at once.  We got these two in.
My brother Doug displaying our catch. 

We stopped along our drive to enjoy Vancouver Island.

Hanging out and hiking the night before

This one took my Dad a while - it was almost 20 minutes before he got that fish in.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: