Sunday, September 5, 2010

PNW Part 2: Winthrop Washington

For the second part of our trip we headed through the Cascades to Winthrop WA, which is this little western-style town with great views, lakes and hiking. We had the whole family there (10 adults and 10 kids) so it was organized chaos. My sister Jody and my Mom did a great job of planning, and my brother-in-law Trevor had the family boat for skiing and tubing. At night when the kids were all in bed we enjoyed some really meaningful adult time as well, mostly celebrating my parents' 50 years of marriage.

The Whole Family

All the Kids - ages 1 to 16.

Here's Lucy ready for the Water
The girls were a bit nervous on the boat.  Lucy even tried joining me on the tube (she was very brave but not a fan).
Kim on the hammock with many of the cousins.  Lucy had a blast spending time with all of them.
My Dad and Mom did a great job of spending some good 1-on-1 time with each of the kids.  Here my Dad is helping my nephew Lucas fish. 
Lucas and Simone were enamored with Lila bird. 
Lila and her Daddy having fun at the beach. 
Lucas and Lila again.  This was a common occurrence. 
Me with the kids goofing off on the lake.  They are all a great bunch of sweet kids. 

No comments: