Tuesday, September 14, 2010

PNW Part 3: Hiking and Boating

Another fun aspect of our trip to Washington was the hiking and boating experiences.  We don't get to do much of either in Chicago, so we and the kids greatly enjoyed them.  

Here we hiked around Winthrop with the kids in our back-packs. 



  

Here we had Lila bird on Steve and Leslie's Sailboat.  As always she was having a blast.


My cousin Josh and my sister Leslie also enjoying the sailboat ride. 


Here are most of us before one of our hikes. 


On our way back from Winthrop Washington we stopped to do a beautiful hike up into the Cascade mountains to discover this gorgeous lake nestled way up in the mountains.  I didn't make it as I sprained my ankle on the way up, but fortunately Kim took some stunning pictures. 




I was impressed by how well all the younger kids did on the hike.  They were real troopers and enjoyed it too. 

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh that is beautiful!