Thursday, November 29, 2007

Visit with Grand Rapids Friends

We stayed with our friends Priscilla and Dave and their two kids (Asher and Rowan) when we went to Grand Rapids over Thanksgiving. It was a lot of fun hanging out with them and seeing their new house, which they just moved into 6 weeks ago. You couldn't even tell that they had just moved in-there wasn't even a box in sight!! It was great to visit with them and to see a glimpse of their life in Grand Rapids. Priscilla is one of my closest friends from college, and being with her always reminds me of why I like her so much. We always have great conversations, lots of laughs, and fun "hang-out" time. Dave and Priscilla were such gracious hosts and it was a real blessing to be able to visit with them.

One night we introduced Dave and Priscilla to Steve and Bek. I was so jealous to learn that they only live a couple of blocks from one another. I wish I lived in the neighborhood! Steve and Bek are our friends from Chicago, who just moved to Grand Rapids a year and half ago. It was great fun to see all the home renovations they have achieved in such a short amount of time. You can see from the picture above that Bek, me, and Priscilla were enjoying some beers and each other's company.
Here is a picture of Asher (Priscilla and Dave's son). Asher kept me laughing with his witty comments. One morning when I woke up, Asher said to me, "You know you have really been here a long time." Leave it to kids to speak the truth.

Rowan was very intent on using his veggies as a spoon to scoop out lots of dip.

This is a picture of Jack, who is Steve and Bek's oldest son. He looked so adorable in his coat, I just had to snap a picture.


Posted by PicasaLucy looks so cute in Bek's arms. It is always such fun to see our Grand Rapids friends, but it is so sad to leave because I know I won't see them for awhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of proud daddy and Lucy in church! Really cute. Puppy