Sunday, December 2, 2007

Christmas Time is Here!

Last week we had a lot fun decorating for Christmas. I just love putting up Christmas decorations, which I am sure is something I get from my parents. Growing up my parents always were a little excessive with the whole decorating experience (well that is only if you consider having three Christmas trees and a gozillion wreaths excessive). My parents had this tradition of giving us an ornament every year that had a special significance for that specific year. For example, the year I "played" softball (insert "sat the bench" for "played"), they got me a softball glove ornament. When we went to Disney World it was a Minnie Mouse ornament to remember the trip. When my sister and I moved out of my parent's house we were able to take the ornaments with us for our own respective tress. I love pulling the ornaments out every year because it allows me to reminisce about different childhood memories. I just love this tradition and it is something that Don and I hope to pass on to Lucy as well. Don and I are so lucky to have been raised with a legacy of strong family traditions. They bring a festivity and a such sense of comfort to the Christmas season. Last Saturday night we had our friends Craig and Laurie over for a Christmas dinner. Kailey was decked out in her Christmas sweater.

Kailey, Payton, and Stella (Craig and Laurie's dog) all cuddled together on the couch! Payton and Stella are the best of buddies!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Gibson said...

I am so glad that you decorated!! You will have to show a close up of Lucy's first ornament.

Anonymous said...

Lucy's first Christmas...can't wait to see her (and Payton and Kailey) soon!

Anonymous said...

I heard that dinner was fantastic! Everyone looks great....Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

Lucy is a doll under her first christmas tree! The only problem with giving all the ornaments to you when you got married, was that now we don't have the same memory journey we once did. But I'm glad it is a nice stroll down memory lane for you. And glad the tradition will continue with little Lucy. Can't wait to see all of you (but especially Lucy) in just a couple of weeks! Love you, (Grand)puppy