Sunday, December 9, 2007

Kristin's Preggers!!!

I am so excited to tell the world that Kristin and Eric are pregnant!! She is 14 weeks and her little sweetheart is now the size of a lemon. Don and I are just thrilled and can't wait for Lucy to have a little playmate that she can grow up and be best friends with. The pictures below are from mid-October when they told us they were expecting. They didn't want us to "officially" announce it until just recently. It was so cute how they told us. I am totally obsessed with these cupcakes that are from a place in Chicago called Sweet Mandie B's. For those of you that were at our Chicago shower, you were able to sample the heavenly decadence of a Sweet Mandie B cupcake. Anyways, when Kristin and Eric came for a visit in October she pulled out a dozen of these cupcakes. I was just overjoyed to indulge in this delicious desert. But then as I looked closer I saw there was a message written on the cupcakes...

How cute that they wrote Baby Flores, 6/08. I don't know what I was more excited for the news or to eat these cupcakes (I swear they put crack in those things).

Kristin wanted me to share my emotional response to her news...When she told me I obviously started crying not just because she was pregnant but because I was so happy for her to feel the joy of being a mom. The funny thing about being pregnant for the first time is that it is impossible to even imagine the depth of love and complete sense of joy that your new baby brings to your life. It is so exciting for me to think about how even though they are happy in their relationship now, the amount of happiness they are soon to experience far supersedes even their wildest imagination. God is so good!!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing our news...you should have shared your emotional response and the fact that you are so excited for me to be a mom because of the joy it has brought you...how sweet!

Unknown said...

I was so so so excited when they told us. And I loved seeing your response (on Kristin and Eric's camera) too!

Kathy's This and That said...

You're absolutely right! And believe it or not, your heart grows bigger and bigger and your child grows. I always used to think, how could I love this child more...and then, before I knew it, I realized that she had ambushed me again...and that I was more in love with her than ever! (Just wait until you get to experience your child becoming a parent...it's like nothing you can imagine!)