Sunday, March 22, 2009

Another Girl!!

Last Friday we had our ultrasound which informed us that Kim, Lucy, and I will be welcoming another girl into our lives. We are all very excited about this. Now I am outnumbered 5 to 1 (including our two female dogs, Kailey and Payton). I can hold my own as the only male. Kristin was in town last week to participate and also helped out tremendously on that day with Lucy.



In 2007, before we had Lucy, we had a similar experience with Kim's parents who came into town for the ultrasound. To celebrate, we went to a Red Robin restaurant afterward to celebrate. Here we are in 2007.

Naturally, we went back to the same place after our latest ultrasound to continue the tradition. After informing our server of the significance of our visit, during the meal the manager came over and presented us with an entire cake and a card signed by all the employees in the restaurant. We were amazed and impressed by such a thoughtful gesture. Of course, I left a pretty good tip (which we normally do anyway b/c of the mess we tend to leave behind).


8 comments:

Jenna said...

congratulations! we're really happy for you!

Little's said...

Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you:)

Mandy Kalins said...

Congrats!!

Kristin said...

YAY! But poor Milo I am sure he will be forced into playing dress up someday! :)

m love said...

yay! a baby girl. exciting. I LOVE the pic of Lucy and Kim with the 'Its a Girl' balloon! her laughing and smiling made me laugh. I want to meet Lucy!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to hear what you get when you celebrate ultrasound #3! 8)
I was excited to hear you are continuing the 2 girl tradition.

Kim said...

Marla, I would love for you to meet Lucy sometime--let us know if you are ever in Baltimore. Also, Kristin that is so funny about the dress up, we will make sure to have some boy appropriate dress up (although boys can wear tutus too).

Unknown said...

Girl Power!!!! Brace yourself, Don :) I'm sure Lucy and her little sister will be just as close as you and Kristin :)