Saturday, March 14, 2009

Scottsdale Spa Trip

Last weekend my sister, my best friend, Mary, and myself went to Scottsdale, AZ on a spa vacation to celebrate my sister's 30th birthday. We stayed at the Camelback Resort and Spa which is one of the top 10 spas in the country. Kristin and Eric have been there before so they told us about it. It was an AMAZING experience!! I have never been so pampered and so completely relaxed. We indulged in spa treatments everyday. I got a honey nectar body wrap, a facial, a maternity massage, and a manicure. By the end of the weekend I don't think I could have handled another day of pampering. The best part of receiving the spa treatments was that you could stay all day by the spa pool, which was very serene and picturesque. We ate yummy food from the spa restaurant, Sprouts, and had delicious drinks by the pool. We took a yoga class and walked around in our robes drinking the spa tea and listening to the calming music that was playing. One afternoon we partially hiked up Squaw Peak and then drove through the mountains and looked at the fancy homes. Two of the nights we went out to dinner in downtown Scottsdale which was really nice. For Kristin's birthday dinner we went to a 70's retro jazz restaurant where she was serenaded by this old guy that was singing in the band. Below is my sister and I at her birthday dinner.
We spent lots of time in these spa robes. Here are Mary and Kristin before they got manicures.
We ate dinner at a Southwestern restaurant another night. At the restaurant we met up with Kristin's dear friend from junior high that she has recently reconnected with thanks to Facebook.
The grounds at the resort were so lush and meticulously manicured. The landscaping design was incredible! On our walks from the main area to our room we enjoyed passing by this orange tree.
One of the ultimate highlights of the trip was the INCREDIBLE breakfast that was included with our room. It was the most lovely buffet with every kind of fresh fruit imaginable, decadent croissants/muffins, and made to order omelets, pancakes, and waffles. It was heaven! Below you can see how beautiful it was just to sit outside and enjoy a leisurely, delicious breakfast.

It was fun to see the giant cacti and palm trees everywhere.


Here are the fabulous threesome! Thanks so much to Eric (Kristin's husband) for making this trip possible for us! It is a memory that we will cherish for a long time! I can't wait to do it again someday!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kristin said...

And thanks to Mary and Kim for celebrating with me! What an amazing trip!

Little's said...

You all look so beautiful! So glad you had a great time :)

Unknown said...

I am going to die at how amazing that sounds! I want to do that! I have got to plan that for katie and I! I wish I had more time to hear from Kristin about it at lunch today. How come you look so tan?