Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Katie and Maria come to town!!

Last week my friend, Katie, and her daughter, Maria, came to visit us from Baltimore. Katie and Chris were our neighbors in Baltimore (I am sure you have seen them on the blog) and we have desperately been missing them. Although we wish that Chris could have been here too, it was great to be able to spend time with Katie and Maria again. We had so much fun! Katie was a huge help with Lucy so that I could focus on Lila. Also it was nice to have back-up so that I felt a little more comfortable going out and doing things with both girls. We had a great time taking the girls out for walks, to the park, to the toy store, and to the library. Also Katie and I were able to have a Girls' Night Out (with Lila sleeping in her sling) to a local Oak Park restaurant for dinner. I just love spending time with Katie and Maria. It was hard to see them leave. After we dropped them off at the airport, Lucy said she was "so sad" that Maria left. I always said that the Riveras were one of the best parts of Baltimore!! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderfully supportive, dear friend like Katie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, my dear friend! How do you have time to post such great blog posts when you just had a new baby 2 weeks ago??? We had such a wonderful time visiting you guys in Chicago. It couldn't have been any better....well, maybe if Maria hadn't have had a melt down in the toy store, it would have been a little better...lol! We can't wait to visit you guys again, and this time with Chris :)