Saturday, September 19, 2009

Labor Day Visit with Nancy and Grandpa

Over Labor Day my Aunt Nancy and my Grandpa Irv drove in from Minnesota to visit and meet little Lila. I always have so much fun spending time with Grandpa and Nancy and that weekend was no exception. We BBQed, we went downtown to Millennium Park, took the kids to the park, and saw an outdoor theater performance in Belmont Harbor (Lila slept through the whole performance). The picture below is on the train heading downtown. Lucy is a HUGE fan of going on the train and loves to point out everything she sees while looking out of the window.

I love the look of joy on Lucy's face!
The whole gang (minus Don who was taking the picture) by "the Bean." The weather was absolutely gorgeous and it was great to get out and walk around and enjoy some of the last days of summer.
Lucy playing in the fountain downtown in Millennium Park. She loved watching the other children and mimicking what they were doing. She just always wants to be one of the big kids.
Family photo--my dad, with my grandpa, Lila and my aunt.
Great Grandpa Irv with Lila and Lucy!
What a good looking pair!
Lila with her great aunt Nancy! Lila is wearing the dress that Nancy bought for Lucy. I love that the girls wear the same season of clothing so that I can re-use Lucy's clothes.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

i remember that dress from aunt nancy! it's gap and i LOVE it. glad she gets to wear lucy's gently used duds!

and, yes, i did see my blankie. amazing that it would get any use considering your mom is the GURU of blankets and quilts. i feel honored!

love to you and the fam!