Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fall Buzz Kill

So if last October was any indication, I am what my husband would call somewhat of a fall nazi. I LOVE to do fall activities. From apple picking, to cider donuts, pumpkin patches, hay rides, corn mazes, buying gourds, making apple crisp, putting out fall decorations, eating squash soup (GIMMIE SOME SQUASH), cooking fall meals, drinking hot apple cider; I truly embrace fall with a fervor like no other. So two weekends ago I was SO excited to go to our first pumpkin patch of the season. I dressed Lila and Lucy in their Halloween themed clothes and off we went despite the rain storm. I was convinced that the rain would stop when we got there because I just knew that nothing was going to stand in the way of us making a fall memory. The rain did not stop, but we still went to the Goebbert's Pumpkin Farm (and convinced my sister, Eric, Milo and my dad to meet us there). It was cold, wet, and quite dreary, but somehow we still managed to have fun and stay in the covered areas. Lucy went on a pony ride and had a blast, but as we were leaving she proclaimed, "Mom, I don't like the rain." The bad news is that later that week Lucy got a cold probably from being out in the rain. But the good news was that we got a great parking spot since no one was there.









Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sundai said...

I am equally obsessed with fall! I kind of wish my new babe would come in the next week or two. Sigh. Love the halloween clothes!