Friday, February 26, 2010

Valentine's Day Fun

We had a lot of fun celebrating Valentine's Day this year! Lucy did water color painting, made Valentine's, decorated cookies, made cupcakes for her friends, opened presents and had a little pizza party. Lila pretty much just smiled the whole day which is pretty much how she spends most days. She did open her mail though as you can see from below.

Decorating cookies
Lucy posing with one of the Valentine's she made as her "art project." Pretty funny that she is wearing her Santa pj's for Valentine's Day. She is having a little trouble with Christmas being over and done with. She still asks me where the Christmas tree went!

Lucy displaying the cookies she decorated and Valentine's she made for her family.
Lila "reading" her new bath book she got for V-day!
Lucy making cupcakes for her friends and a cake for Grammy who was unable to join us. How appropriate that she wore her cupcake pj's while baking the treats.

Don and I were able to go out to a nice dinner together to celebrate V-day. I can't take any of the credit, Don planned everything including the babysitting! There are so few pictures of just Don and I on the blog, so I thought I would post one of our date night.
So on the Friday before Valentine's Day I took the girls to a little party at the local recreation center. There were lots of great toys for Lucy to play with and there was even a little play area for Lila. The open gym times are great for entertaining the kids during the long winter months.

It wouldn't be a party without a tutu!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mandy Kalins said...

Great pics as always! Love that tutu!

Emily said...

I'm glad you and Don got to go out--I forgot to ask you what you did. Where did you go and who baby-sat?