Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Puppy and Grammy Visit





This past week my parents (aka grammy and puppy) came in town to visit. Don was at a prostate cancer conference in Dublin, Ireland so they came to Baltimore to help out. It was a very busy week. One that seemed to be filled with changes in Lucy. She is starting to make purposeful movements with her hands and she likes to be carried around facing outward now. My mom tells me that she is a lot like I was in that she always wants to be a part of the action. I went back to work on Monday, which was really difficult. I spent the morning crying my eyes out. I was not prepared for how hard it would be to leave her. I am only working part-time and still it feels like a lot of time away from her. I am sure I will adjust eventually. I am so thankful to my parents for all their assistance. The week before going back to work is stressful for any new mom, but they made it much easier.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for posting...I have to keep encouraging you so you keep it up! I loved the pictures in the Bears outfits--she looked so cute. The one of the three of you is terrific! Who says terrific? I want to hear more about your first day back. What was she like at daycare? maybe I'll call you today. What days are you working? Your parents come visit you a lot! That's really nice.

Unknown said...

It is so hard to leave baby! Hopefully it will get a bit easier soon.