Monday, April 7, 2008

Back in the Day...Lucy at 1 month old

Lucy turned 9 months old on Saturday. Update on what she is into lately: she loves to squeal and laugh, imitates us by sticking out her tongue, she says "hi" (but has not idea what it means yet), she also says "mama" and "dada" on occasion but again has no clue it refers to us, when down on all fours she can put herself back into a seated position, she continues to pull herself up with more ease into a standing position, she can cruise from one piece of furniture to another that is close by, she is very interested in moving around and doesn't like to be still, she loves to roll from her back to her front over and over again when in her crib and on our bed, she is eating more textured foods, and as you can see from the previous post is learning how to self-feed. However, she still is not crawling. She is an absolute joy and I can't believe how fast the last 9 months have gone. I am feeling nostalgic, so here's a video of Lucy at 1 month old. It is incredible to see how far she has come in the 8 months since this video was taken. I remember when she was a newborn and we thought it was the coolest thing in the world when she hiccuped. And know she does something new and amazing everyday. At the time, we had no idea how much excitement was in store for us as we would witness her growth and development.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I can't believe she was ever that small! And I remember thinking hiccups were a big deal...can't wait for my little hiccuper to get here!

Kathy's This and That said...

This brought tears to my eyes (and even to one ear... ) Seriously, I wish I could go back to this time...so precious..such a treasure. (And just yesterday we got to see Master Flores close up...everything became so real at that moment. Can't believe we get to be grandparents again...what a blessing!) Anyway, thanks fot posting this, it really touched my heart. And, remember how I promised all of this parenting thing only gets more and more fun!! Let's just say, moms are generally right 99.9% of the time.

Little's said...

I am so emotional from watching that. Time just flies. It just seems like yesterday when I found out you wee pregnant.

Gibson said...

You've come a long way baby!!!