Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Lil' Sprout

So it is official, I am totally clueless as to how to do Lucy's hair. Her hair is just so wild, it truly has a mind of its own. Yesterday, I did a front, bang ponytail, which looked pretty funny. I told Don that she looked like a lil' sprout. He asked me why I said that and I said, "Her hair looks like a water sprout." His response was, "Oh, you mean water spout?" Most of you know how I have a tendency to mix up words sometimes (which I got from my father). So to me, Lucy is going to be my little water sprout.
Last Friday Lucy had a playdate with her new friend, Maria. Don and I have enjoyed getting to know other families in our neighborhood. Both of the girls looked so cute together! Maria is just a doll and has the most beautiful smile. Hopefully Lucy will get to play with her new friend again soon.
I had to post this random picture. I love spring in Baltimore, but it can be somewhat problematic when you park underneath a tree. You can't really tell from the angle of the photo, but seriously the whole car looked almost pink. I told Don that he should drive around like that for the day as a tribute to the fact that spring has arrived, but he insisted on washing off the flowers.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, Don is so nice about correcting people. Like when I thought a baby donkey was a burro.

Kristin said...

Little Sprout always looks so happy! I think we need to just let Eric do her hair, he has the touch! And I am so glad Sprout has a little friend...but don't get too comfortable in Baltimore, it's time to come back to Chicago!

Unknown said...

okay your hair dilemnas always make me laugh. I like the video of her crawling. Ah Little lucy. soon she'll find the ajax and the dish detergent. :)