Sunday, April 27, 2008

Kristin & Eric's Baby Shower

So I am late in posting these pictures, since we had my sister's baby shower on the 19th of April. But better late than never as they say! We had so much fun planning for their shower. My mom, Eric's mom, and our friend, Mary, organized the event together. Kristin and Eric got lots of great presents and the food was so yummy. After all the weeks of planning it was so wonderful to see all our hard work come to fruition. The day went really smoothly and it seemed that Kristin and Eric really enjoyed themselves. Lucy was a little partied out in this picture. She took a nap on her Puppy's shoulder during the shower. She was just too tuckered out to make it through the whole long day. She sure looked cute in her party dress and matching bow!
Kristin's growing baby bump is just the cutest. Although she drives me nuts because she has only gained like 1 pound (well a little more than 1).
I am posting lots of pictures of the decorations, since Mary and I put our blood, sweat, and tears into all the decorative touches at the shower. Mary and I covered the cupcake tree with tissue paper and ribbon and my dad made the floral topper. The cupcakes were from Sweet Mandee B's, which is the absolute best bakery in Chicago.

The centerpiece containers were from http://www.blumebox.com/ and I used decorative ribbon to spice up the box. Also we inserted wooden animals glued onto sticks into the floral arrangement. My mom designed the table runner, which ended up inspiring our entire design concept.
You can see in the background the hanging mobiles, which Mary made. We had 11 of these hanging from the ceiling of the room and we used cardstock to cut out rings and circles and then attached them with invisible thread. I had absolutely no patience for this project, so poor Mary got stuck assembling these until 2:00 AM while I found ever conceivable way to avoid helping. Although I was doing other things, just not being very helpful with the mobiles. The favors were a cute little polka dot pot with personalized M & M's inside and a sticker on the top that said "Welcome Baby Flo, June 2008."

This is a picture of the table with the prizes for the games. Also, I made game packs which had the game sheets attached with a giraffe stamped paper/ribbon band. I went a little crazy on trying to find ways to add decorative elements, but hey Kristin is my only sister so I only get to do this once.


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mandy Kalins said...

The shower was amazing! I loved all the details and the decor was perfection. I've been talking you up as an awesome big sis ever since.

Anonymous said...

So can I just hire you and your family to do my wedding? :-) It's all so gorgeous!

Unknown said...

The shower was absolutely perfect. I am a little dissapointed you didn't post a photo of the opening speech, though.
You were a joy to watch "in action".

Kristin said...

it was such an amazing day...i can't thank you enough! the decorations were absolutely adorable and it was obvious you and mary really poured your hearts into everything!

Jenna said...

cupcakes. get in mah belly! ridiculous. oh. and lucy? um. completely and utterly adorable. you should be forced to have like 10 kids because you obviously make cute ones.

Jenna said...

and, kristin looks adorable, too! seriously. if i looked that good when i had babies, i'd always be preggers. has the little one been named? or is it a surprise? i'm excited!!!!