Monday, May 19, 2008

Friend Talkers

My amazing friend Jenna began a series on her blog about her friends and she started out with one about yours truly. I am so honored. She totally captured so many of my idiosyncrasies. I didn't realize I was so transparent (of course I am kidding since I am one of the least subtle people I know). You can check out her entry here :
http://sewjenna.blogspot.com/2008/05/friend-talkers.html
After the time she put into this post, I must say a few words about Jenna--her wit and humor have always warmed my heart, her vulnerability and sincerity are inspiring, she is bold in her opinions and strong in her convictions, she doesn't shy away from the "tough" conversation, she loves her friends so completely, she isn't afraid of a judicious use of shock value every now and again, she is zesty--never dull or boring, she embraces life, she always makes me smile (sounds cliche, but so true), she is a contemplaters in that she is always mulling things over, thinking things through, she isn't afraid to admit her weakness, she has a depth to her character that pushes me to grow, and last but not least-she was awarded best actress for a play in college and in her acceptance speech she thanked the "little people" (she was referring to me of course).

BTW, I was kidding about her thanking the "little people," she actually forgot to mention me in her speech, but I forgave her even though it was me who convinced her that she was theatrically inclined to begin with.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My day just improved 10 fold when I read that and saw the pregnant picture! HA!

Jenna said...

oh my goodness, kim. i think i could cry if i wasn't so distracted by fussy children!

yes. the preggers picture is awesome!

when i read the "little people" comment, i thought, "did i really say that? Kim has a better memory than me!"

love you, friend!

Unknown said...

okay you look hot in that picture from Miami. It's funny what people notice and remember about others but she totally captured your little Kimisms. She should have mentioned the ers at the end of words like Eleanor is a "tumblers"...
~Emily