Sunday, June 1, 2008

Afternoon at the Zoo

Lucy went to the Zoo on Sunday afternoon for the first time. We figured she is at the age where she can start to appreciate the whole zoo experience. We were a little worried that she would be cranky since she missed her afternoon nap, but she was a trooper. She seemed to really enjoy herself. It was a lovely day in Baltimore and it was great to be outside.
Maybe I just haven't been to a zoo in a long time, but it seemed like we could get closer to the animals than I remembered. My favorite were the elephants. There was a baby elephant that was born a couple months ago, but we didn't get to see him. We did get to see an elephant trying to cool off by spraying himself with water.

Don carried Lucy around in the Bjorn so she got a good view of the animals. By the way, I am almost embarrassed to put a picture of the Bjorn on the blog since you can see all the spit up on it. Of course I had to point it out just in case anyone noticed. For the record I put it in the wash when we got home!
It was so neat when the giraffe turned and looked at the camera. I kept thinking of my new nephew (who should be here any day now) when I saw the giraffe since there are touches of giraffes in his nursery. But then again his impending arrival has been consuming my thoughts these days, so it doesn't take much to bring him to mind.
Lucy's favorite exhibit was the aquarium filled with fish, turtles, and an alligator. It is hard to see in the picture but she has her hands on the glass, which gave her a good view of the aquarium contents. Also this was the first time that she could wear the dress pictured below, which I have had since before she was born. I remember when I bought it, I was thinking about how old she would have to be to wear it. It made me a little sad to think of how my little girl is getting to be such a big girl. But on the other hand, I was also happy that she could finally wear the dress :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mandy Kalins said...

The dress was worth the wait because it is so cute!