Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July in Kewaunee

So we are totally behind on blogging because we have been out of town. First we flew to Chicago on July 1st, then from Chicago we drove to Michigan to visit with friends and to attend a wedding (pictures to come soon). From Michigan we drove to Wisconsin to my parent's cottage to celebrate Lucy's 1st birthday there. Then we drove back to Chicago and flew back home to Baltimore on Wednesday. We are exhausted, but had so much fun seeing people. We packed a lot into the week we were gone. I promise to post pictures from Lucy's b-day soon. Be patient with me-I am just getting back into the blog swing of things :) Below is our adorable nephew Milo all decked out in one of his TWO 4th of July outfits. We had a great time celebrating the fourth at my parent's cottage. Don and I stopped in Indiana on our drive to Wisconsin to purchase fireworks. You have never seen a scarrier place then the huge firework warehouse we went to. I kept hoping that some kid didn't think it would be a funny joke to light a match. Seriously they had fireworks the size of small children. I am sure the bad boys we lite off were totally illegal in Wisconsin. Good thing my parent's cottage is pretty remote so we didn't get into any trouble.
I was pretty stoked when we found this little number for Lucy to wear on the fourth. The headband was a hit because for once she actually didn't try to pull it out of her hair. Usually as soon as we put a clip, bow or rubber band in her hair, she rips it out within minutes. So I was pleased that she left the headband alone.
Lucy had fun looking at herself in the mirror. She kept pointing at herself and saying "baby."
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had fun on your vacation. I love the way the kids look in their patriotic clothes!
Happy Birthday to Lucy!

Kathy's This and That said...

Every time I managed to pop my head into the 4th festivities (I was pretty sick during our Kewaunee time), the babies had a different and cuter patriotic outfit on. Proud to be Americans...born in the USA...hmmm...I wonder who they'll vote for? His name had better start with "O" ;-)

Do you get the impression that these moms and dads are totally relaxed and having a ball being parents? Just a teensy weensy bit? ;-)