Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wedding Weekend

Last weekend I flew to Minneapolis for my cousin, Bronwyn's wedding. Don stayed back home with Lucy, where he was able to indulge in some quality father daughter bonding time. It was so hard to leave Lucy (and Don) behind, but it was nice to get more free time with my little nephew. Bronwyn's wedding was gorgeous. She has such impeccable taste! From the flowers to the amazing cake, every detail was just beautiful. Here I am at the reception with my cousins and my sister. I held Milo for most of the reception. It was great to actually have time to focus one-on-one with him. Normally I feel so distracted with little Lucy needing my attention as well. Check out his adorable party pants.
Here's the beautiful bride with her new husband, Kevin. The electricity went out right due to a rainstorm and the entire neighborhood was out of power. But at the very end of the ceremony, the power came back on. It was such a relief, I don't know what they would have done without power for the reception!
My mom and dad and my sister and I.






I was also able to see my dear friend Jenna for lunch the afternoon of the wedding. And she came over to our hotel for a dip in the hot tub on Saturday night. It is always great to catch up with her. She is pictured above with her daughter, Jillian, who is four days younger than Lucy. On Saturday we went to my aunt's house and watched Bronwyn and Kevin open their wedding gifts. We were also took a ride on the pontoon boat, which was really relaxing. Here I am with my Grandpa on the pontoon boat. My Grandpa was actually one of the groomsmen in the wedding. BTW, I know this post has a lot of pictures of me which may be a little much but that is only because I don't have any of Lucy and Don from that weekend. Maybe I should have titled the post "all about me" :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Emily said...

your hair was gorgeous. I never get to see it like that...there is hope for Lucy's locks. :) I'm sure it was fun to have some time away and I'm sure your sister appreciated you holding Milo. I did the same thing. Well at the actual wedding my dad did a lot of the holding. :)

Little's said...

You look goregous...so does you sister!