Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lucy's First Birthday Party!!

We had a birthday party for Lucy while in Kewaunee with my parents, my sister, Eric, and Milo. I had SO much fun making Lucy's birthday cake with my dad and sister. I bought one of those cake molds and then got cake decorating supplies. Of course we had to do a butterfly shaped cake since that is the theme of her room. I seriously think that I want to be a baker because I never knew that cake decorating could be so relaxing and exciting. You know that you have officially succumbed to the parental lifestyle when your biggest weekend thrill is cake decorating :)
The smiley birthday girl!
We put the cake in front of Lucy and allowed her to do whatever she wished with the cake. I was hoping that she would mash her hands in it and really dig in. Instead she was pretty dainty about the whole process and just delicately wiped away bits of frosting. BORING! Maybe she will be more aggressive with her 2nd b-day cake!
Lucy kept crawling on top of her present from Grammy and Puppy. She had so much fun turning the steering wheel and beeping the horn while it was still in the box that we just kept it in there so she could it explore it that way for awhile.
This is the best shot that we could get of Lucy and Milo.

We got her a special b-day bib for her big day!
We had fun decorating the cottage and setting up this little gift area for her.
Lucy was the star of the show in her party dress!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kathy's This and That said...

I always knew my girls would be great moms...but I didn't count on how utterly joyfully they would THROW themselves into momhood! They're having a ball...and we grandparents are lovin' participating in the whole process! (I course I should have expected it...I'm so proud of them both. Isn't this cake beautiful? Guess which two people are now our official birthday cake makers...and, by the way, it was delicious. (I ate two pieces, one after the other!)

Mandy Kalins said...

great job on the cake Kim!!

Little's said...

Happy First Birthday Lucy!! Amazing cake Kim!

Emily said...

You are positively, absolutely insane. I love that cake! I cannot believe how amazingly detailed you are! The party looked very sweet. I need to find something cute for the birthday girl. :)

Gibson said...

Happy Birthday Lucy! Being one rocks. I can't wait to hang out with you again.
Gibson

Kristin said...

we had so much fun celebrating little Lu and what joy she has added to our lives!!!