Sunday, January 13, 2008

Big Girl Sitting Up

Lucy has been sitting up now for several weeks. She tends to get bored lying down and much prefers the view from a seated position. I think she feels very proud of herself and has this expression on her face as if to say "look at what I can do!"
I am so used to seeing her lying down in her crib, it still kind of weirds me out to see this little person peaking out behind the bars of her crib. I keep thinking to myself, "Wait a minute, aren't you supposed to be lying down?" I can't believe how fast she is growing! She does still topple over on occasion. It is hard to refrain from laughing when she loses her balance...
This picture was taken the day she started sitting up on her own. I think she was surprised at how she could balance without assistance. What a big girl!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jenna said...

love her!! so darn cute!!! i'm very impressed with her skills. sitting up after nap time? big girl. very big girl.

Anonymous said...

that first picture is so sweet...and you've got to love the one of her toppling over!

Anonymous said...

Littly Lucy so cute and proud of herself. Can't wait to see you in just a few days. Puppy

Gibson said...

Good job Lucy. You will be crawling soon.

Heather said...

Before you know it she's going to be crawling and then your life will change forever! She is just too adorable for words.