Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Social Butterfly

The good news first...Lucy gained 1 pound in the last two weeks so now she is in the 25th percentile for weight! Yeah! Unfortunately the reason I know her weight is because we had to go back to the pediatrician's office because she had a mild fever. Turns out she has her first ear infection and a nasty cold. Shockingly she is still all smiles and only slightly fussy. I am such a crab when I am sick, so I am not quite sure where she gets this pleasant disposition from. It is pretty funny when she tries to coo because she is so hoarse from her cold that she sounds like a 75-year old smoker with emphysema. Below are more pictures from our time in Chicago.
Here is Emily and Lucy pictured at Emily's daughter, Eleanor's, first birthday party. I love spending time with my social work buddy Emily. She challenges me by bringing up interesting topics of discussion and she has been a great support in my role as a new parent. She is one of those people I could talk to for hours and we would never run out of things to say.
Our wide-eyed girl
Eleanor and Lucy hanging out. Don't you just love Lucy's open mouth gappers look?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Little's said...

She is just sooo adorable!! She will be a great cousin :)