Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Apple Picking

We continue to enjoy lots of fun fall activities. Last weekend we went to Baugher's Farm which had awesome child friendly activities. It was about a 45 minute drive with picturesque views of the leaves changing colors. At the farm we enjoyed looking at the pumpkins, going apple picking, and seeing animals. Lucy particularly enjoyed the petting zoo. In the picture below she was quacking at the goat. She seems to think that all animals say either "quack" or "meow" or "woof." But her favorite sound is "quack," so lately whenever she sees a bird or hears an animal sound she quacks in response.
I felt so bad for this goat. He was sitting facing the wall. It was as if he was totally done with all the children trying to pet him. Poor little goat, he was so over stimulated. Lucy was decked out in her Halloween tights.
Of course we had to do a shot of her sitting on the pumpkins.

The highlight for me was going apple picking. Lucy wasn't really into picking the apples, but she was insistent about carrying her own little carton around. She carried that carton the entire time. She kept putting apples in the carton and then it would become too heavy for her to carry. So then she would hold the apples so she could carry an empty container around. Who needs toys? All this kid needs is an empty box.

By the end of the day Lucy was saying "apple." We ended up picking 25 lbs of apples for $16. I plan on making apple pies, apple crisps, and maybe even some applesauce if we have enough. Anyone know of a healthy applesauce recipe (for Lucy) that is low sugar?
I kept trying to get a good shot of her and she was looking at me like, "Would you quit interrupting me, I am working here."

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The composition of picture #7 is amazing!
Also loved the poor little goat in the corner.
And I wanted to say that your comment on my blog today made me laugh. :)

Kathy's This and That said...

Look at that little girl trying to pitch in and help! I love the way she carries her little basket around! This little girl is one quick study! And she's also "cute as a bug"...and I promise I'm being totally objective!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love this entry. What a little doll she is, and what great parents to give her so many experiences. It is the highlight of my day to go to the blog and read and see such wonderful things. Puppy

Little's said...

Love her!! So cute in her little tights. Makes me want to go apple picking:)

Jenna said...

i've heard it said....

(your blog wallpaper made me think of that song!)

make applesauce without any sugar and you should be fine. it does depend on the apples, i guess. what kind did you get? and how did you get them SO CHEAP? that's great!

love you and miss you lots!!!

Kristin said...

I miss my little niece! Love the tights, love the goat, love the shots picking apples, love you all!